Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas DIY

It's so fun to have our house decorated for Christmas! I did just a few very very simple DIY projects over the last couple of weeks.

First, I wanted a wreath for the front door with a bit more pizzazz than just greenery. Some of the embellished wreaths in the stores are super spendy. So I bought this $5 box of ornaments and pulled out an artificial wreath from when I used to put a wreath on all the outside windows.

Ta Da! I cut pipe cleaners in half to wire the balls and snowflakes to the wreath. Much more festive and colorful! (And inexpensive!)

I saw an ornament just like this on Pinterest several months ago. I thought it was a fun way to remember and embrace our many moves!
It was no trouble to find a variety of moving tags in different colors scattered here and there. Some of them never get peeled off. I bought a plastic ornament and used gel medium to collage the tags onto the ball. Then I painted it with two coats of gloss varnish. We've got a variety of wacky ornaments on our tree, so this fits right in!

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

Very clever Deborah! The wreath is beautiful. Love the moving tags ornament!