Friday, October 23, 2015

Mini-Class at Quilt Festival

I am so excited to be teaching a mini class at the Fiber on a Whim booth at the International Quilt Festival in Houston next week.

Here are the samples I created.



It's all about those beautiful variegated pearl cottons! And the hand dyed burlap! And the luscious frayed edges!

Each student will get a kit with everything they need. Then we'll talk about composition and I'll share several of my favorite stitches and embroidery tips.

I had such fun putting the kits together!






I will also do a quick demo of mounting these little compositions on wrapped canvas.

Are you coming to Festival? I'm teaching these Small Stitched Landscapes on Friday at 5 pm and Saturday at 12:30.

I included pins for everyone too. 

Does it seem tedious to prepare all those pins? I put them together while watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.  So fun!

2 comments:

Jane LaFazio said...

what fun! May I please have one of each of your little kits! I adore them all!! xoxo

Deborah said...

This looks fab! I am coming! How do I sign up? I'll be ending a class at 5, so might be a few minutes late!